PAYROLL & BENEFITS SPECIALIST
A DIFFERENT KIND OF ACCOUNTING FIRM
Bookkeeping Plus, Inc. (BPI) invites you to consider us as your next career opportunity! We are a 25-person multi-client firm that provides accounting services to a wide variety of clients in Indiana and other states. We continue to grow, and we need to hire full-time payroll specialists.
We do almost everything in the field of accounting. We are not a CPA firm, but we are one of the largest non-CPA firms in the area. In our corner of the industry, Bookkeeping Plus is unique. We are also woman-owned.
SUBMIT COVER LETTERS AND RESUMES TO RESUMES@BOOKPLUSINC.COM
GREAT OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
You would work at our very comfortable offices in Greenfield on the east side of Indianapolis. Bookkeeping Plus is a big believer in work/life balance, so we have normal hours of 8–5. If you need some flexibility with your schedule, that can be addressed after your training period.
Bookkeeping Plus offers long-term stability, job security, and a proven track record of success, having been founded in 1987. We have an outstanding reputation as a great place to work, and many of our employees have been with us for years. There is no drama and no micromanaging, but your manager is always available when you need them.
DUTIES: WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK HERE
From your desk at Bookkeeping Plus, you would be working on profit and nonprofit clients of all sizes and types. You communicate with your clients by email and phone, and you often collaborate with your fellow staff members. Almost every day brings something new to do or learn. Responsibilities include:
· All payroll functions and processing
· Track payroll expenses by departments or jobs
· Code payroll expenses to grants for nonprofits
· Tax payments and payroll returns
· Tax filings
· W-2s and year-end tax reports
· Custom or detailed payroll reports
· Calculate timecards
· Input into software for both payroll and taxes
· Data entry into QuickBooks
· Track teacher contracts for schools
· Set up new hires for clients including benefits
· Help client to understand benefits
· Calculate the deductions for various benefit and deduction categories
· Benefits reconciliation
· Benefit reports as needed
· Calculate, process, and pay retirement fund contributions
· Retirement funds reconciliation
· Generate quarterly and annual reports for retirement funds or regulatory agencies
· Prepare census reports for TPAs and fund managers
· Fund types include 401k, 403(b), Simple IRA, SEP, pension, etc.
· Retirement funds for state government entities (INPRS), including teachers (TRF) and public employees (PERF)
We don’t expect you to know how to do everything. As long as you have some serious payroll experience and knowledge, we can show you the rest. At Bookkeeping Plus, you can go as far as your abilities can take you.
To work at Bookkeeping Plus, you need to have a love of accounting, a thing for learning, and a desire to join your new co-workers as the best in your field. Here are the qualifications:
· Associate degree in accounting (or equivalent education and experience)
· Five years in a payroll position
· Great attention to detail
· Ability to communicate well
· Accounts payable or bookkeeping experience
· Payroll-related Human Resources (HR) experience
· QuickBooks, Excel, and the ability to learn new applications
Our salary is very competitive and depends on your experience. Benefits include:
Health Insurance (plus Dental, Vision, and Life)
401k with Employer Match
Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays
Comp Time Availability
The cutest office dog you have ever seen—a five-pound poodle!
CONTACT US TODAY!
We have great opportunities for experienced payroll specialists. Join our company and re-discover your passion!
Include a cover letter and resume (see above) that explains why you would make a great fit for Bookkeeping Plus, lists your salary requirements, and clearly states the position you are applying for.
Submit to this page or send other inquiries here.
At Bookkeeping Plus, we have spent three decades earning an outstanding reputation for professionalism, excellence, and integrity. That's why we have great opportunities for experienced accountants and support staff. Bring your skill to a place that cares about its employees and their success!
Bookkeeping Plus is an equal opportunity employer.