Job Opening: Accountant. Please click "Apply for this Job" on this page to submit your resume (or, you may send an inquiry to "Employment Inquiries" on the Contact Us page).
BOOKKEEPING PLUS is an accounting and consulting firm just east of Indianapolis. Since 1987, owner Beth Marsh has been serving a wide variety of small businesses, nonprofits, government entities, and schools. The firm employs some 20 accountants and support staff in our own 7,000 sq. ft. office building.
Bookkeeping Plus continues to grow, and we seek experienced accountants to join our team. Some three-fourths of our employees have been with us at least eight years, which we think says a lot about the job and the quality of life at our company. Our workplace is family-friendly, and we are committed to making a difference for our staff, our clients, and our community. To learn more, visit www.BookPlusInc.com.
4 0 - H O U R W O R K W E E K
Bookkeeping Plus is not your typical accounting firm. No sweatshop hours. You work forty hours a week, on salary. But if you want to work extra, we will pay you an hourly bonus (or you can even bank your time!). At Bookkeeping Plus, your contribution is highly-valued, and you are compensated well. (In January, we work four Saturdays for bonus pay.)
Easy commute from Indy, opposite the rush-hour flow.
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
ACCOUNTANTS are responsible for providing a wide range of services that depends on the clients’ needs and desires. Some clients want us to provide everything from daily-work to year-end, while others need only month-ends or financial statement preparation and analysis. For some clients, we provide CFO-type services and other high-end functions.
We do almost everything except income tax returns and CPA-type public accounting.
Most of the work is performed at our office in Greenfield. A few Indianapolis-area clients enjoy having us come to their offices, usually no more than a half-day a week.
This is a very fast-paced multi-client practice. Duties may include:
Financial Statements and Reports
- Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Budget-to-Actual
- Cash Flow Management Reports and Projections
- Financial and Regulatory Reports
- Year-End Forms and Reports
Financial Analysis and CFO-Type Services
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Interpreting F/S for Clients
- Serving as an outsourced CFO
- General Ledger
- Journal Entries
- Accounts Receivable (or Pledges Receivable)
- Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Inventory Management
- Job Costing
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Budget Preparation
- Cash Flow Forecasting
B E N E F I T S
Picture yourself working someplace you really like! Great colleagues, no congested downtown hassles, an owner committed to work-life balance, and lots of opportunities for learning and growth. Benefits and perks include:
- Health insurance (plus dental, vision, life)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus paid holidays
- Comp time availability
- Remote access
- Flexible hours
- Training programs and productivity workshops
- Easy commute from Indy, opposite the rush-hour flow
J O B R E Q U I R E M E N T S
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent education and experience)
- Five years in a General Ledger position, performing a full range of accounting functions
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Experience with a non-profit organization, fund accounting, and grants
- Preparing for your client to be audited
- QuickBooks, Excel, and the ability to learn new applications
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to communicate well by phone, email, and in person with clients
- If you enjoy interacting with clients and co-workers, BPI is the place for you
- Please click "Apply for this Job" on this page to submit your resume.
- Or, you may send an inquiry to "Employment Inquiries" on the Contact Us page.
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you would make a great fit for us.
- Please provide your salary requirements.
At Bookkeeping Plus, we have spent three decades earning an outstanding reputation for professionalism, excellence, and integrity. That’s why we have great opportunities for experienced accountants. Bring your skill to a place that cares about its employees and their success. We offer flexibility, outstanding pay and benefits, a friendly workplace, and new challenges every day to keep you excited about accounting. Contact us today!
Bookkeeping Plus is an equal opportunity employer.
All posted information is subject to change without notice.