Job Opening: Accountant. Please click "Apply for this Job" on this page to submit your resume (or, you may send an inquiry to "Employment Inquiries" on the Contact Us page).
BOOKKEEPING PLUS is an accounting and consulting firm just east of Indianapolis. Since 1987, owner Beth Marsh has been serving a wide variety of small businesses, nonprofits, government entities, and schools. The firm employs some 25 accountants and support staff in our 7,000 sq. ft. office building.
Bookkeeping Plus continues to grow, and we seek experienced accountants to join our team. Over half of our employees have been with us at least five years, which we think says a lot about the job and the quality of life at our company. Our workplace is family-friendly, and we are committed to making a difference for our staff, our clients, and our community. To learn more, visit www.BookPlusInc.com.
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
ACCOUNTANTS are responsible for a variety of clients, providing a wide range of services that depends on the clients’ needs and desires. Some clients want us to provide everything from daily-work to year-end, while others need only month-ends or financial statement preparation and analysis. This is a very fast-paced multi-client practice. Duties may include:
- General Ledger
- Journal Entries
- Accounts Receivable (or Pledges Receivable)
- Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Inventory Management
- Job Costing
- Grant Management, Fund Accounting
Financial Statements and Reports
- Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Budget-to-Actual
- Cash Flow Management Reports and Projections
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Financial and Regulatory Reports
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Year-End Forms and Reports
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Budget Preparation
- Cash Flow Forecasting
Senior Accountants may also provide clients with additional services such as Accounting System Setup and Training, QuickBooks Setup and Training, Cost Management, Regulatory Compliance, Audit Preparation, etc.
B E N E F I T S
Picture yourself working someplace you really like! Great colleagues, no congested downtown hassles, an owner committed to work-life balance, and lots of opportunities for learning and growth. Benefits and perks include:
- Health insurance (plus dental, vision, life)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Training programs and productivity workshops
- Family friendly
- Flexible hours
- Comp time availability
- Remote access
- Easy commute from Indy, opposite the rush-hour flow
J O B R E Q U I R E M E N T S
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent education and experience)
- Five years in a General Ledger position, performing a full range of accounting functions
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements
- Budgeting, job costing or class tracking, grant management, purchasing, inventory, 1099s
- Payroll, payroll taxes and returns; retirement funds
- QuickBooks, Excel, and the ability to learn new applications
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to communicate well by phone, email, and in person with clients
- If you enjoy interacting with clients and co-workers, BPI is the place for you
- Please click "Apply for this Job" on this page to submit your resume.
- Or, you may send an inquiry to "Employment Inquiries" on the Contact Us page.
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you would make a great fit for us.
- Please provide your salary requirements.
At Bookkeeping Plus, we have spent nearly three decades earning an outstanding reputation for professionalism, excellence, and integrity. That’s why we have great opportunities for experienced accountants. Bring your skill to a place that cares about its employees and their success. We offer flexibility, outstanding pay and benefits, a friendly workplace, and new challenges every day to keep you excited about accounting. Contact us today!
Bookkeeping Plus is an equal opportunity employer.
All posted information is subject to change without notice.