Bookkeeping Plus can provide accounting services for public schools at every level up to CFO (permanently or temporarily), leaving school staff free to focus on delivering a quality education to its students.
In handling your bookkeeping needs, BPI's goal is to leave school staff free to focus on delivering a quality education to its students.
- Enter deposits into accounting system
- Track receipt of operating funds and grant monies
Expenses and Accounts Payable
- Code invoices to proper funds and chart of accounts
- Enter invoices from vendors and suppliers
- Reconcile invoices to statements
- Pay monthly recurring invoices
- Maintain prepaid-expense schedules
- Post monthly expense accrual entries
- Make payments to vendors (check writing)
- Track A/P including aging
- Set up purchase order system in the software program
- Prepare and maintain purchase orders
- Match invoices to POs
- Assist with tracking of the Free and Reduced (F&R) Lunch program
- For F&R, file the monthly reports necessary to receive the state and federal funds
- Track grant monies
- Assist with tracking of fees charged to students
- Order forms as needed
- Set up filing system
- Set up processes and procedures for SBOA compliance
Click here to read about our other areas of Public School Accounting services.